- What should I expect during my first massage therapy visit?
You will need to arrive 5-10 mins earlier for your appointment to fill in a client intake form. From there the therapist may ask a couple of questions regarding your expectations and if you have any questions or concerns.
- Do I have to be completely undressed?
It is requested to undress down to your undies as we do use oil to be able to get into the muscles. A bra can be worn if you do not feel as comfortable.
- Do I have to cover myself with a sheet or towel?
A towel is provided to cover yourself as best you can. The therapist will assist once you are on the table.
- What do I do during a massage treatment?
Relax! as much as you can. You may talk if you like or just close your eyes and enjoy.
- How long will a massage treatment last?
Depending on how long you book for. We have appointments from half hour to 2 hours.
- How often should I get a massage?
We often recommend monthly to stay on-top of your working muscles. But depending on your situation and your muscles, you may need to initially book in weekly.
- If I want a really deep massage shouldn’t I see a male therapist?
No. The right Remedial therapist knows how to apply the right pressure in the correct areas for release. If the therapist has been in practice for awhile they will have enough strength for your liking. Just mention this when you book in so the right therapist is given to you
- Can I talk during my session?
If you would like to, yes
- Do I have to listen to whale calls or flutes during my massage?
At CHW we play a range of recent melodies and instrumentals. We find our clients love the taste in our music.
- How will I feel after my massage treatment?
Depending on what treatment you get, but generally you will feel relaxed and relieved of muscular tension, and pleasantly refreshed.
- When should I NOT get a massage
There are a number of contraindications for massage. The main ones include:
Initial onset of any coughs/ colds or flu
or a history of thrombosis
It is always advised if you have any of the above conditions to seek approval from your Dr first.